<p> for paragraphs, not lists. The standard way for creating basic lists is
<ul> (when the order doesn't matter) or
<ol> (when the order matters), and
<li> for each item.
- The “list” won't be announced as a list when using a screen reader.
<ol> provide useful semantic information. What and how assistive technology announces information differs, but:
- screen readers might announce it as a “list with items”
- screen readers might announce the number of items in the list, e.g. “list with 3 items”
- screen readers might announce the bullet or number of each item
- screen readers might announce when you enter or leave a list
- Screen reader users may use shortcuts to jump from list to list on a page
<ol> provide a selector for styling in CSS
- When copying the fake list, all the bullets will go along with it
- You can turn the bullet into a fire emoji using